I was really hoping someone would take it that way, honestly. The bait has been taken.
I was dressed up with my horse as freaking Aang and Appa from Avatar The Last Airbender.
The feathers, also, came from a Native American woman who would come to camp and give them to us as a token of her people.
Well-wrapped polo appreciation post!
"reverse racism" is the stupidest term I have ever heard. Reversed on who? What? If you’re a racist, you are a racist. Don’t matter what the hell you look like.
I had a little fun editing my misfortune. Check it out!
(no one was harmed in the making of this video. Except maybe my pride)
LOL omfg what is he doing
what a dork
It’s a bounce it’s a bounce!! Nope, oxer! Abort abort!
perf song choice!
I’m so terrified of going down with a horse while I’m on its back
Aw he tried so hard, though! Your horse is awesome! Great song choice, btw. ;)
- 1: Pros of your horse or the horse you ride most.
- 2: Cons of your horse or the horse you ride most.
- 3: Favorite tack brand?
- 4: Ever been DQed at a show?
- 5: Describe your PERFECT lesson.
- 6: You're building your dream barn, describe it.
- 7: Describe your horse in 3 words.
- 8: Favorite tack store?
- 9: Would you ever buy used tack?
- 10: If you had to try a different discipline, what would it be?
- 11: Ever been on a carriage ride?
- 12: Thoroughbreds or warmbloods?
- 13: English or western?
- 14 Do you remember the first horse you rode? If so, describe him/her.
- 15: Favorite thing about the barn you ride at.
- 16: Do you show? If so, what classes do you like best?
- 17: Favorite show to compete at?
- 18: Next thing on your list to buy for you/your horse?
- 19: Hunter or jumper?
- 20: Do you like riding stock/draft horses?
- 21: Describe your worst fall.
- 22: Describe your funniest fall.
- 23: Have you ever lost all your confidence?
- 24: What are you doing in lessons right now?
- 25: What's one think your horse hates?
- 26: What does your horse LOVE?
- 27: Have you ever done a dressage test?
- 28: Ever ridden western?
- 29: Ever ridden english?
- 30: Top 10 favorite horsey blogs
- 31: Describe your DREAM horse.
- 32: Ever competed at an AA rated show?
- 33: Every been a working student?
- 34: Favorite thing to do during a lesson?
- 35: Does your horse love to play?
- 36: What supplements does your horse take?
- 37: How often do you go to the tack store?
- 38: Highest you've jumped?
- 39: Eventing or jumpers?
- 40: How many blue ribbons do you have? (Red if you live in Canada or Britain)
- 41: What's your monthly goal for riding?
- 42: What's your 2013 goal for riding?
- 43: Dream in riding?
- 44: Do you want to make a career in horses? If so, what?
- 45: Is your horse spooky or bombproof?
- 46: If you were creating your dream horse, would he/she have sensitive sides and mouth, or insensitive sides and mouth?
- 45: Does your horse have a long or short stride?
- 46: Describe your current barn in 3 words?
- 47: If you could switch barns, would you?
- 48: Do you have a lot of friends at the barn?
- 49: If you had to get a tattoo that had to do with horses, where, what, and why?
- 50: Favorite brand of breeches?
- 51: What brand is your helmet?
- 52: How many saddle pads do you own?
- 53: Is your horse your phone background/lock screen?
- 54: Do go trail riding often(weather permitting)?
- 55: What bit do you ride in?
- 56: Favorite horsey movie?
- 57: Do you watch heartland?
- 58: Favorite breed of horse?
- 59: If your horse had to be mixed breed, what breeds would he/she be?
- 60: Mares or geldings?
- 70: Opinions on natural horsemanship?
- 71: Give me one horsey confessions?
- 72: Is there something you don't like about your riding?
- 73: What's one unpopular horsey opinion you have?
- 74: Does your horse buck?
- 75: Is your horse head shy?
- 76: Post a picture of your horse.
- 77: Post of picture of you riding.
- 78: Is your horse photogenic?
- 79: Favorite barn chore to do?
- 80: How many times do you ride a week?
- 81: Who is your favorite pro rider?
- 82: Who do you idolize in the horse industry?
- 83: Crest or auto release?
- 84: If you could ride any famous horse who would it be?
- 85: If one pro rider could train you for one day who would it be?
- 86: What breed is your horse?
- 87: Tell me everything about your horse.
- 88: Favorite facial marking?
- 89: Leg markings or no leg markings?
- 90: Proudest equestrian moment?
- 91: Ever broken anything falling off?
- 92: How many times have you fallen off?
- 93: Do you agree that someone has to fall off to be a good rider?
- 94: Does your horse have any weird quirks?
- 95: List everything in your tack trunk.
- 96: How many pairs of breeches/jods do you have?
- 97: Tall boots or paddock boots and chaps?
- 98: Do you think that everyone has to wear a helmet all the time when they are on a horse?
- 99: Do you regret any of your decisions about riding?
- 100: Asker can chose this question!
- Created by bell-boots
Etienne being perfectly adorable.
He’s a dog/cow in a horse body,
I kid you not he is always like this.
You are a real dick about cultural appropriation. It's not about YOU being comfortable or okay with your use of other cultures in a cliche, inappropriate, or generally incorrect way, it is about how THEY feel. Dressing your horse up in "Traditional" wear, applying "warpaint" or use of feathers [which are sacred in many Native American tribes] is not cute, it's jackassery. Defending your use of it just makes it worse. So yeah. At least accept that you're doing it, don't make excuses about why.